Friday, March 19, 2010

An Exhausting Mouse Hunt

Every morning as soon as I get up and head to the bathroom, Smelly and Mo are the first ones there to greet me. They sit in the bathroom while I shower, I'm not really sure why, because they're weirdos probably. Anyhoo, so the other day I opened the door and no one came running. This scares me when it happens because that means someone is either locked in somewhere or has managed to get away. So I take a stroll into the kitchen and find the fuzz balls staring intently at the bottom of the stove. They're not moving for anything.

A thought crossed my mind, something of "oh man there's something down there" but I didn't want to think about it. After a long day at work I came home and things seemed to be back to normal. I went to bed around 11 and heard the cats running frantically around the house, I figured they were chasing one of their balls. About a half hour later I was feeling like a snack so I head into the kitchen and there they are staring intently at what I now see is A MOUSE! eeeekkkkkk. And so the mouse hunt begins...

There he was. That little critter. Scared out of his poor mousey guts. The mouse, the cats and I played a small game of curiosity for about a half hour. I don't think Smelly and Mo are natural born mouse hunters, but they were giving it their best shot. After much staring and leaping and going back and forth the mouse finally made a break for the laundry room and safely arrived at his destination, little sneaky critter!

Smelly, Mo and I went to bed.

The next day mouse traps were out all day and night, but no such luck. This time the cats are staring intently at the dishwasher... the mouse was back! The cats spent the next day staring, once again, and so we put down the traps again this time with peanut butter.


Smelly, Mo and I went to bed.

This morning I wake up, once again to no kitties sprinting down the hall. I walk into the kitchen and there they are, staring intently. The peanut butter is gone, but NO MOUSE! It reminds me of that really horrible mouse hunt movie where the mouse is smarter than the humans. I'm starting to feel like this. So after a long day at work I came home and can only believe that Smelly and Mo had a long day of staring... they have yet to learn that looks really don't kill.

Either way, the poor fluff balls are exhausted... and still haven't caught the mouse



They just took off running into the kitchen... maybe the hunt is finally over... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment