Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mo Survives

After a lot of vomit, some dry coughing and a lot of pathetic looks I finally took Lola to the vet last Thursday. I had been avoiding the vet for strictly Jewish reasons (it's okay I'm Jewish so I can say things like that), but finally gave in and went to Pyramid Animal Hospital.

It took some feeling around and a thermometer in the butt to come to the assumption that Lola had some inflammation in her intestines. So we went on some pills and switched over to sensitive stomach food and voila, Mo has officially survived her week long vomit session. But don't fret it hasn't been that simple. There was day one where Penny refused to eat the new food. Here I was asking myself, am I really going to have to feed these cats two different foods everyday, they're becoming more and more like real kids! Then there was day 3 where Lola decided to eat a hair tie. You'd think with an inflamed intestinal system and a weeks worth of throwing up she'd avoid things like this but of course not, luckily I came home to my hair tie in a pile of barf. You may be saying why is that lucky? I'm just glad it came back out of her!

So with that said, Mo is back in full kitty force, Penny has given into the new food and everyone is semi back to normal. For your enjoyment here's a picture of the cats when I brought out the kitty cage, Penny wanted to come with.



And here is a picture of Lola from the last time she went to the vet and they had to put a thermometer in her butt, it's safe to say she wasn't any more thrilled about it this time.



P.S. I'd highly recommend Pyramid Animal Hospital, they were great, didn't run any tests that they didn't have to and fixed Lola right up, we'll definitely be going back there if we need a vet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment